- State-of-the-art, fully automated test equipment.
- Customized test procedures for prototyping and specific industry or application requirements.
- Approved by all major industry certification programs including IGCC, IGMA, ALI, NAMI, and Keystone Certification Services.
- Accredited by International Accreditation Services (IAS) to ISO 17025.
- Test more than 1,700 insulating glass units per year.
Certification of fenestration products ensures their performance and, therefore, their widespread
use in the building industry. Testing conducted by the Insulating Glass department of Architectural
Testing, which is accredited by the International Accreditation Service, provides glass manufacturers
the testing needed to qualify for insulating glass certification programs. Architectural Testing is
your leading testing laboratory for Energy Star and NFRC certification.
Insulating glass units are subject to environmental exposure to measure their performance for seal
durability, weathering, and volatile fogging. Insulating glass units endure 15 weeks of exposure to
extreme temperature variations, ultraviolet radiation, and changes in humidity. Insulating glass units
are also exposed to UV radiation and heat to test for chemical fogging.
As part of Architectural Testing's commitment to providing the most comprehensive testing in the
marketplace, we constantly strive to develop new and innovative tests, giving our clients the ability
to improve their products. For example, we are currently updating all of our insulating glass
operations with state-of-the-art equipment.
To provide the highest level of accuracy, our insulating glass accelerated weathering and high
humidity chambers are controlled using proprietary software developed and updated by Architectural
Testing. The engineering staff at Architectural Testing can review the daily performance of the
insulating glass chambers at any of our locations. These new chambers are also double the size of
standard insulating glass chambers, giving our laboratories more capacity and reducing backlog. For
our clients’ convenience, Architectural Testing tests more than 1,700 insulating glass units a year
at our laboratories located in Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Texas, and California.
Back to Top
Insights and Possibilities
Insulating glass testing is performed according to the following test standards:
- ASTM E 2188 / E 2189 / E 2190 (HIGS)
- ASTM E 773 / E 774 / E 1887 (CBA)
- ASTM E 546 (Frost Point)
- ASTM E 576 (Vertical Frost Point)
Architectural Testing also performs the following specialty testing:
- Non-destructive Argon fill level testing
- Field frost point testing
- High-altitude insulating glass testing (Capillary Tubes)
- Thermal testing
- Material prototyping for volatile fog outgassing
Certification Program Links
Keystone Certification Services
NAMI-National Accreditation and Management Institute
Insulating Glass Links
NFRC-National Fenestration Rating Council
Back to Top
Learn more about how the Architectural Testing Difference
can help you or Contact Us today.